Passive solar, zero-energy, sustainable living, home building & design links
Architecture Research Institute Inc.
Natural Home magazine and videos
plus, some staff personal picks...
Passive Solar textbooks all seem to present a rather confusing 'shotgun effect' with a laundry list of options, all based upon conventional residential stick-frame architectural models... but some do think outside the box:
- Malcolm Wells' The Earth Sheltered House: an artist's sketchbook is rich in drawings and inspiration
- Robert L. Roy's Earthwood Series includes SBC construction details and curved wall structures
- Michael Reynold's Earthship Series for back-to-basics rammed earth how-to-do buildings
- Daniel D. Chiras' The Natural House and The Solar House are both excellent textbooks
and with more focus on HTM construction
- our free Passive Solar Design eBook
We no longer provide any HTM passive solar home design consultation services.
Our design practice is closed to new clients while working on a new book and personal projects.
And unfortunately, architect and contractor referrals are not possible to for us to provide.
HTM Home Tour DVD is available, but it does not include any personal consultation time.
HTM Home Tour DVD
Not a do-it-yourself video, but rather a narrated HTM™ passive solar, earth home tour. Second half-hour features Infiltrator® chamber leach field septic system installation tips, plus some classic footage from Sun-Mar® composting toilets. All proceeds benefit LAPS, a local animal charity.